This is an extensive 3 weeks course for beginners and teens to learn the basics of Animation. This program aims to inspire, introduce, and motivate emerging artists to transition into higher education in the art & design field with a concentration in motion and the digital arts, or to gain a new skill and explore different career opportunities. By exploring traditional and experimental methods of making, participants will develop conceptual and technical skills to create films, 2D, 3D and visual effects (VFX).
- What is animation?
- Different types of animation
- The basics of the compositing vocabulary
- Final project using software
Twice a week (days depend on schedule).
3 weeks (6 sessions).
KEMET Art & Design Studios, Jameel building, The Greek Campus, Downtown Cairo.
KEMET Certificate of completion.
Access to Further Studies
Using their outcome projects, students can apply to the graphic design and communication diploma, or visual effects and motion graphics diploma at KEMET to enhance their design skills, take more art courses in high school, apply to postgraduate courses or master’s programs.
The course material is in English. Class discussions will be held in both English and Arabic.
Qualifications required for enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This program is suitable for complete beginners and teens.It covers the basic principles and making techniques of 2D animation and video.
Participants will receive their certificates of Course or Diploma Completion only if they have:
- Attended 75% of the total hours required
- Completed 75% of the class exercises and take-home assignments
- Completed and submitted their final project if any, with approval of the session leader
You may register via email or phone call:
Applicants must be 16 years and above.
Applicants must have an intermediate level of English in order to enrol in the program.
- If the student wishes to withdraw from the diploma/ course within a maximum period of 10 days prior to the beginning of the course, 20% of the total value of the diploma/course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- If the student wishes to withdraw from the diploma/course within a maximum period of 5 days before the start of the diploma/ course, 50% of the total value of the training course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- You cannot refund the amounts paid after the expiry date (4 days or less before the start of the diploma/course).
Courses that do not reach the minimum number of confirmed participants may be cancelled. If a course is cancelled, the student will be notified by telephone or email and will have the option to select another course or request a full refund of all fees paid.
Details for booking
6 sessions ( 3 weeks )
KEMET Studios, Greek Campus (Old AUC Building), Tahrir