Handmade Ceramic Tiles Workshop:
Through Pharaonic, Greek and Roman civilizations all the way to the Persian and Andalusian, handmade ceramic tiles making has been considered as functional art due to its vast application methods. Through this 4 weeks’ workshop, you will get the chance to get involved with your hands in the process of making tiles. You will be guided through the design knowhow experimenting with different styles (geometrical shapes, floral prints and calligraphy), all through the making process that you will establish by various practical exercises and workshop visits.
- Learn geometric drawing
- Understand and practice the modern technique of laser-cutting
- Know how to carve and implement your designs on tiles
- Practice firing and glazing tiles
- See and understand how to get your ceramic work of art to the kiln
- Experiment with different designs on a new material
Day 1 & 2: You will need something to write on, so please bring a laptop or a pen & a notepad
Workshop Duration: 4 weeks August 2019
Time: 1 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Duration: 8 sessions
Price: 3,500 EGP + 700EGP material
Venue: KEMET Art & Design studios’, Jameel Building, 2nd Floor, Greek Campus, Downtown