Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping. Furniture is also used to hold objects at a convenient height for work (as horizontal surfaces above the ground), or to store things. In this diploma, you will examine the aesthetic and practical elements of advanced furniture design. You will explore countless furniture styles and qualities and properly research global trends. You will learn how to produce mockups and furniture samples, and to start furniture making through several projects. By the end of this diploma, you will have the work practices of professional designers. You will master the vital procedures and thought processes that bring a design to completion in the real world.
Some of the topics covered
– Furniture history, features, types & styles
– Surface treatments, paints & furniture finishes
– Wood science & technology
– Sustainable & green furniture design
– Built-in furniture, cabinets and kitchens
– Construction techniques in upholstered furniture
– Professional practice, portfolio preparation and career development
The diploma is for you if you are
– Creative and the sort of person who likes organizing the spaces you occupy
– Good at visualizing three-dimensional space and have a good eye for interesting and appropriate textures, colors and surfaces
– Those pursuing a career in furniture design
– Anyone interested in furniture design for personal projects
– Creative interior designers who want to enhance their knowledge
– Tend to note whether a room is well designed and presented
– Interested in both art and technology and enjoy facing a challenge with personal creative solutions
– If you are interested in the design of and appearance of furniture, then a career in Interior Design may be just what you are looking for
Up on your registration, you will receive an email with the required material for the course.
September 16th – December 16th (Including two weeks off for Christmas break)
11:00 am – 5:00 pm (6 hours/session)
12 sessions (72 hours)
- 70% refund of paid amount 15 days before first day of course.
- 30% refund of paid amount 7 days before first day of course.
- 100% nonrefundable one week before first day of course.
Hisham El-Essawy is the first Egyptian to be certified from the EU as a professional interior architect and product design instructor. He is also the co-founder of the Egyptian Designers Guild. After graduating from the Faculty of Arts in Zamalek, Hisham pursued further studies at the MobelAkademie in Berlin and Minnesota University in the US. Upon returning to Egypt, he worked as a consultant for the Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade and has co-instructed hundreds of workshops alongside the world class designer Michael Schneider. With fifteen years of experience in the industry, he offers his students scientific, hands-on experience and guides them to effectively market their designs.