Fashion Design Diploma
Kemet Art & Design offers a unique, combination of the traditional Fashion Design and Pattern cutting course with the contemporary curriculum in Fashion Enterprise, Trend Forecasting, Sustainability, promotion, supply chain and fashion buying. Through the course, students are encouraged to explore their individual talents through the practice of the professional industries design process, from the original concept to producing the final product.
Once or twice a week (days depend on scheduling).
- This comprehensive program prepares you to pursue a career in the fashion industry, providing you with the fundamental skills and techniques for fashion design, production, branding, marketing and Pr.
- Learning the fashion design process and how to create the designed garment.
- Textile knowledge and the basics of pattern making and dressmaking skills.
- Develop a forward thinking, creative and methodical approach that makes up a successful fashion brand.
- Build a competitive portfolio.
- Understand and be able to make a basic bodice with darts, zippers, pockets, and seam classes.
- Explore the creative and critical ways to present promotional imagery through the arrangement of photography, styling, PR and digital manipulations.
- Produce an editorial for a fashion publication.
- Define and express your unique personal style in a final project.
The course assists with a choice of career pathways and options including:
- Fashion Designer (both self- employed and inhouse)
- Garment Technologist
- Visual Merchandiser
- PR Assistant
- Assistant Buyer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Textile Designer
We are currently unavailable
Details for booking
To be announced
To be advised
KEMET Art & Design Studios
We are currently closed