Pattern Making for Beginners
This Course is about learning the techniques of pattern making, also known as pattern drafting, to create patterns that will then be used to cut fabric and ultimately be sewn into garments. For anyone interested in Fashion Design, pattern making is essential in learning how garments are created and put together. A good fashion designer must learn pattern making in order to really understand the construction of his/her designs. Knowing pattern making will help you in knowing what is possible and what is not when it comes to designing a garment and will help you in the design process.
Once or twice a week (days depend on scheduling).
- Learn basic fashion pattern making principles and techniques.
- Practice various creation techniques starting from the visualization and body measuring.
- Learn and understand terminologies.
- Learn what tools are necessary for pattern drafting and how to use them.
- Learn what grain lines and pattern labeling. Drafting your pattern.
Some of the Jobs directly related to this course:
- Fashion designer
- Retail manager
- Retail merchandiser
- Textile designer
- Visual merchandiser
We are currently unavailable
Details for booking
To be scheduled
To be advised
KEMET Art & Design Studios
We are currently closed