Students will learn the basics of wire wrapping techniques. All the techniques covered will give them an excellent grounding for making professional jewelry. The emphasis is on developing confidence and realizing the potential of making jewelry with limited access to equipment and skills.
Once a week (days depend on schedule)
5 sessions (5 weeks)
KEMET Art & Design Studios, Jameel building, The Greek Campus, Downtown Cairo.
KEMET Certificate of Completion
Some of the Jobs directly related to this course;
- Jewellery maker
- Jewellery specialist
- Jewellery consultant
- Jewellery designer
- Fashion stylist
Access to Further Studies
Using their outcome portfolios, students can apply to specialisation courses (e.g. jewellery design and making, fashion design, shoe design, fashion styling, drawing & sketching techniques, etc.), postgraduate courses or Masters Programs.
Upon full registration, students will be issued a course pack of course guiding material and readings.
The course material is in English. Class discussions will be held in both English and Arabic.
Qualifications required for enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
This Course is appropriate for those wishing to work in field of jewellery design and making. More over creative and talented students who want to be self-employed and create their individual jewellery brands and production lines.
This course is suitable for those who have jewellery experience but wish to add to their repertoire.
Participants will receive their certificates of Course or Diploma Completion only if they have:
- Attended 75% of the total hours required
- Completed 75% of the class exercises and take-home assignments
- Completed and submitted their final project if any, with approval of the session leader
You may register via email or phone call:
Applicants must be 16 years and above.
Applicants must have a high to intermediate level of English in order to enrol in the program.
- If the customer wishes to withdraw from the diploma/ course within a maximum period of 10 days prior to the beginning of the course, 20% of the total value of the diploma/course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- If the client wishes to withdraw from the diploma/course within a maximum period of 5 days before the start of the diploma/ course, 50% of the total value of the training course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- You cannot refund the amounts paid after the expiry date (4 days or less before the start of the diploma/course).
Course Materials and Supplies
A list of required materials will be communicated to the student upon enrollment.
Courses that do not reach the minimum number of confirmed participants may be cancelled. If a course is cancelled, the student will be notified by telephone or email and will have the option to select another course or request a full refund of all fees paid.
(List of required material for the course):
For each student:
- Wire cutter
- Round-nose pliers
- Flat-nose pliers
- Tipped nose pliers
- Half round file
- Wooden ring manderal
- Rubber hammer
- For each group
- Variety of glass beads, stones and crystals
- Beading cord or thread
- Memory wire (copper wire 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1.5 mm in diameter)
- Assorted clasps and findings
- Assorted eye pins
- Beading wire
- Super glue
- Copper chains
- Metal hammering block
- Wooden bracelet manderal
Details for booking
5 sessions (3 weeks)
KEMET Art & Design studios’, Jameel Building, 2nd Floor, Greek Campus, Downtown.