Fashion Styling & PR
The Fashion Styling and PR course offers a unique and well-balanced mix of the creative and promotional aspects of styling. You will learn about the history and evolution of style and fashion throughout the years, the importance of color-coding, shaping and the various elements that allow for seamless styled outfits. There will be a focus on the more business-oriented factors within fashion styling and promotion such as editorial, e-commerce, social media, and visual merchandising. By the end of the course you would be able to style and organize a mini show room, and make an editorial spread for different forms of media.
Once or twice a week (days depend on scheduling).
- Understanding the evolving role of a fashion stylist (the importance and responsibilities).
- Having a better understanding of fashion history, traditional dress, cultural dress, street style, fashion & faith.
- Understanding editorial, e-commerce, social media, photography, art directing, and personal styling.
- Learning about PR and media within the fashion industry.
- Having the ability to use trend-forecasting to create a mood-board.
- Having an understanding of visual merchandising and window dressing.
- Learning how to construct a fashion image and photo shoot.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of collaborations with other creatives and the marketing and promotion from
business to customers.
Some of the Jobs directly related to this course;
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Show Coordinator
- Art Director
- Retail Merchandiser
- Fashion Editor
- Fashion Magazine PR and Social Media Executive
To be announced
KEMET Studios, Greek Campus (Old AUC Building), Tahrir