Product Design Diploma
Adding to our new programs, KEMET’s Product Design Diploma will englobe all of the process of product design starting with how to communicate with a client, visualize your ideas all the way to designing the product, receiving feedback then rectifying it to completion. Participants will have the chance to practice various communication techniques and learn about client needs and problem solving through design.
Once a week (days depend on schedule)
15 weeks (15 sessions).
Participants will be introduced to different design types and processes as well as the basics of communication tools such as sketching, basic forms modelling and introduction to Rhino CAD software. In addition, they will learn how to create mood boards, how to interact with clients by identifying their wants and needs, and knowing about the material and how to use them all through multiple in-class workshops and exercises.In the end, they will have the chance to create a final project applying what they have learned to successfully design and present a product.
Some of the Jobs directly related to this diploma:
- Product Designer
- Industrial Design Researcher
- Product Manager
- Product Development Executive
- Art Director
Access to Further Studies
Using their outcome projects, and founded knowledge students can apply to the brand diploma and/or graphic design and communication diploma to enhance their design and brand identity skills. They can also apply to postgraduate courses or master’s programs.
The course material is in English. Class discussions will be held in both English and Arabic.
Qualifications required for enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
The Product Design Diploma is suitable for anyone who would like to enhance and use creative thinking and innovation as a lens for product development. The course will uncover some design methodologies and approaches which will help the participants carve their path into the product design scenery, making it appealing for the ones who would like to venture in the world of product creation.
Participants will receive their certificates of Course or Diploma Completion only if they have:
- Attended 75% of the total hours required
- Completed 75% of the class exercises and take-home assignments
- Completed and submitted their final project if any, with approval of the session leader
You may register via email or phone call:
Applicants must be 16 years and above.
Applicants must have a high to intermediate level of English in order to enrol in the program.
- If the student wishes to withdraw from the diploma/ course within a maximum period of 10 days prior to the beginning of the course, 20% of the total value of the diploma/course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- If the student wishes to withdraw from the diploma/course within a maximum period of 5 days before the start of the diploma/ course, 50% of the total value of the training course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
- You cannot refund the amounts paid after the expiry date (4 days or less before the start of the diploma/course).
Courses that do not reach the minimum number of confirmed participants may be cancelled. If a course is cancelled, the student will be notified by telephone or email and will have the option to select another course or request a full refund of all fees paid.
Details for booking
15 weeks (15 sessions).
KEMET Art & Design Studios’, Jameel Building, 2nd Floor, Greek Campus,