The product design fundamentals course presents the basic theory and practice of planning new products or services. You will be introduced to experience the process of critical thinking, explore elements and principles of design, color, and methodology to create an innovative basic foundation in the visual arts. You will learn how to identify and interpret problems and build solutions, to direct the designed product to the center of the enterprise for better user experience.
Once a week on Saturdays
- To develop the design thinking method and skillsets of designers and innovators
- To understand the psychology of user behavior
- To design products to serve human needs
- To learn the main phases for product design projects
- To explore the business principles behind product design
- To practice the fundamentals of innovative product development
KEMET Certificate of Completion.
To obtain your certificate of completion you must fulfill all course requirements set by the instructor and attend at least 75% of course lectures.
Who is this course for?
- Innovative Individuals preparing for private business
- Entrepreneurs leading projects or working within an organization
- Managers or young executives who are willing to create a customer favorite product
- Anyone interested in understanding learning practical marketing
Some of the jobs directly related to this course;
- Interior design
- Furniture design
- Clothing and textile technology
- Color technology
- Art direction
- Graphic design
- Materials engineering
- Product management
The course material is in English. Class discussions will be held in both English and Arabic.
Qualifications required for enrolment
Intermediate level of English.
Applicants must be 18 years or above.
Course materials and supplies
Design project materials will be purchased by students at their own expense. Students will also need to bring their own laptops in order to work independently. A detailed list of materials will be sent to students upon full registration.
Details for booking
November 21, 2020
Once a week
Saturday from 3 pm to 8 pm
EGP 3, 250
KEMET Art & Design Studios
Jameel Building, 2nd Floor,
Greek Campus, Down Town